At Harris Periodontics & Implant Dentistry we are committed to the health and well-being of all our patients and their families. In the midst of the current Coronavirus pandemic, we would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that while we continue to give quality dental care to our patients, we are actively monitoring and implementing the rapidly changing guidelines from the CDC, the Ohio Department of Health, the surrounding County Departments of Health, and the American Dental Association.
What we are doing:
1. First and foremost we remain confident in our ability to provide high-quality dental care using universal precautions that do not increase the risk of coronavirus transmission.
2. Aggressively cleaning and disinfecting our waiting rooms, patient rooms and dental chairs and common “touch points.”
3. In addition to our highest standards of disinfection (Universal Precautions have always been employed), we are removing all magazines from our reception area for infection control purposes.
4. We are suspending coffee, water, etc service.
5. We are requesting that families limit non-essential family members (adults and children) during office visits.
6. We are requesting that older medically compromised adults and medically compromised children, unless being seen for an emergency visit, not come to the office.
7. If anyone in your family has a cough, fever, sore throat, and/or shortness of breath, please reschedule your dental appointment. The CDC recommends that you stay home until free from any symptoms for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing or cough suppressant medication. Our office then recommends waiting 2 weeks before rescheduling your appointment.
8. If a patient is returning from international travel from an area with widespread transmission of Coronavirus (China, Japan, Italy, Iran, and South Korea), please reschedule your appointment for 2 weeks after your return home.
Our staff is committed to maintaining the quality of our care during this period of concern. As this is a rapidly evolving situation, we will continue to share updates on our Facebook page and welcome calls to the offices.